Lawyers Defend Clients Against Tickets and Moving Violations
While many view traffic violations as minor infractions and nuisances, traffic tickets and moving violations have the power to wreak havoc on your life. Fees quickly mount, and points from tickets can cause your insurance premiums to skyrocket or result in a revoked or suspended license. Mountaineer Criminal Law Group does not underestimate the seriousness of traffic violations and doggedly works on your behalf to get the charges you face reduced or dismissed.
It often becomes necessary for anyone to get in touch with the lawyers who are not only experienced and skilled but also confident enough to pull off the whole case. In such a situation it is necessary to appoint a team of lawyers who can give you the support so that you can also fight in such a difficult situation too. For that moral support too, we assure you we will be there.
Handling a Wide Array of Traffic Violation Cases
Our lawyers have represented clients in West Virginia traffic violation cases involving:
- Reckless driving
- Expired registration
- Expired license
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Failure to signal when changing lanes
- Failure to wear a seatbelt
- Driving under the influence
- Driving without a license or with a suspended license
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Violating license restrictions
- Hit-and-run accidents
Whether you have been charged with a moving or nonmoving violation, our team possesses the knowledge needed to protect your best interests in traffic court.
What You Need To Know About Avoiding DUI Charges in West Virginia
- The first step to avoid such a case is to not drink and drive. Every time you get behind the wheel under the influence you are putting yourself and others at risk.
- Don’t rely on passing the field sobriety test.
- Currently, breath, blood and urine tests are the right methods in West Virginia. The accused person can ask for the samples of blood that has been taken for the test.
- Pleading guilty and “getting it over with” is not always the best option. Each case is complex.
- Hire a skilled DUI attorney for the best representation.
Our attorneys take a detail-oriented approach to traffic violation defense cases. We interview you to obtain as much information as possible regarding the circumstances surrounding your moving violation, examining every aspect of your case to see if the police officer violated standard procedures or failed to perform their duties as required. We explore every scenario to determine your best course of action, and we attend your trial to question those testifying against you.
Stuck in a Traffic Jam? Know Your Rights
If you are violating traffic rules and getting points in your license, then it will affect your privileges and insurance costs. Often people ignore the speeding tickets that they get for running traffic lights or reckless driving. However, all the points it is resulting in can come down to insurance costs. In West Virginia, you can lose your driver’s license after a single traffic violation. In fact, just one speeding ticket can cost you hundreds of more dollars in your insurance costs. In a situation like this, only an experienced Morgantown criminal lawyer can help you.
At Mountaineer Criminal Law Group, we have dealt with hundreds of cases involving traffic violations. We also have ensured that the charges got dropped for the client or penalties got reduced. With the help of our Morgantown DUI lawyer or criminal lawyer, you will get the most favorable outcome.
Charges Against You
There can be various charges against you and each of them has their own consequences. Our experienced criminal lawyer has experience of dealing with them and can help you get your charges dropped.
- If the driver has been convicted previously for some offense like DUI, they might have a suspended license. And driving with a suspended license is considered to be a crime as it will risk all the lives of the innocent pedestrians.
- Driving without license will brings some similar consequences too.
- Reckless driving can pose a risk to others and in each case, the reason of reckless driving can have different reasons and the charges will be according to those reasons.
- Not stopping after hit and run is also considered to be a serious offense in West Virginia. When a driver is sitting behind the wheel, they agree to the law of duties and responsibilities that include stopping after hit and run.
We can help you in such cases where these charges are involved.
Defense for Traffic Violation or Speeding Ticket
Our experienced lawyers can offer you help with the following cases,
- Drunk driving defense or DUI/DWI
- A felony for vehicular criminal charges
- Defense for speeding tickets
- The offense of hit and run violation
- Reckless driving
- Criminal assault involving vehicle
- Charges for DUS or driving under suspension
- DMV administrative hearings
- License reinstatements
Our Morgantown criminal lawyer will aggressively defend you at the court and ensure you get the most favorable outcome.
Information About BMV and DMV Hearing
If you use the vehicle for commercial purposes, then getting your license suspended can be a difficult thing to deal with. And that is why you need to connect with our Morgantown criminal lawyer.
The Bureau of Motor Vehicles or BMV or Department of Motor Vehicles or DMV can reinstate your driving license. Getting it back can be a really big problem for you. Our Morgantown criminal lawyer will aggressively fight your case and ensure you get the most aggressive representation at the DMV administrative hearing.
Contact Qualified Traffic Violations Lawyers Today
The attorneys at Mountaineer Criminal Law Group are experienced representing clients in West Virginia traffic courts. Contact our Morgantown office online or at (304) 900-3391 to speak to seasoned legal counsel about your traffic ticket. We stand prepared to do all we can to minimize the negative repercussions of a traffic violation.