CHOOSE A LAWYER LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.
Whether you get overtly emotional and threaten or intend to cause physical harm to another bystander or an individual calls the police without any rhyme or reason after a heated exchange with you, you may face charges of domestic violence and face arrests for such acts. The laws in West Virginia require the police to arrest people from the scene of domestic disturbance. While fighting a case of domestic violence is like combating a negative bias against you. So, retaining a skilled and professional Martinsburg criminal lawyer to defend your case is a must-have.
At Mountaineer Criminal Law Group, we have attorneys with extensive experience in handling cases of domestic abuse and violence, which has made us confident and lent us the soft skills needed to grant the victims the right legal representation they need. From the beginning to the end, we explore the circumstances that may have resulted in the arrest, and communicate with the witnesses to build up a strong defense to help you get a favorable outcome in a domestic violence and abuse case.
What Is meant by Domestic Violence?
Domestic violence in West Virginia is a threatening act of violence on a person with whom the victim may have had a close and intimate relationship. But the perpetrators of the crime facing the charges of domestic violence partners, married couples, parents, roommates, or step-parents living in the same house.
The following may be considered domestic violence acts in West Virginia:
- Actual or threatened physical harm
- Statutory rape
- Sexual battery
- Sexual assault
- Criminal harassment, such as phone calls or threatening letters
- Pushing, slapping hitting, slapping, kicking choking, or biting
You need to hire experienced lawyers to fight your case of domestic violence when the clients face:
- Prison sentence
- Mandatory enrollment in a domestic violence treatment program
- Difficulty finding or keeping an apartment
- Inability to possess firearms
- Inability to see the children
- Difficulty finding or keeping a job
- Difficulty finding or keeping a job
- Inability to return to your house
- Permanent restraining order
At Mountaineer Criminal Law Group, you may consult our Martinsburg criminal lawyer. They have the experience and knowledge to help you move through the steps needed to protect yourself and prevent the outcome from going haywire.
Penalties for Breaching of Law
The penalties for domestic violence acts and breaching of law are:
- Punishment of up to 6 months of jail time and a potential fine amount of $100.
- Punishment for second offense punishment will add 30 days to 6 months of jail time and $500 as a penalty.
- A domestic battery may mean 1 year of jail and a $500 penalty.
- Domestic battery for the second time may cause imprisonment for 60 days to 1 year and a $1000 penalty.
To deal with such severe consequences, you need help from Mountaineer Criminal Law Group, we have a battery of lawyers with the right expertise, skills, and experience to put up the best fight and get you out of domestic abuse cases. Our Martinsburg DUI lawyer may also intervene if the cases of domestic abuse cases need to explore specific angles related to the cases.
Don’t Delay the legal consultation
When you face charges of domestic violence in West Virginia, choose a criminal defense attorney with adequate experience and the necessary ardor and loyalty to make a difference. Call (304) 381-3656 or connect online to schedule a case evaluation confidentially. With offices located conveniently in Martinsburg, Mountaineer Criminal Law Group is ready to help you deal with domestic violence cases.
Get in TouchFill out the contact form or call us at (304) 381-3656
to schedule your free consultation.
- 1 Free Consultation
- 2 Available 24/7
- 3 Highly Rated Super Lawyer