CHOOSE A LAWYER LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.
Glen Mills Abuse Lawsuit
Glen Mills Abuse Lawsuit in Morgantown, West Virginia
With time, more and more victims of Glen Mills reformatory school are coming forward with their horrific tales of abuse and exploitation. There are hundreds of students all over the country who have voiced their stories and shook everyone to the core. For over 40 years of time, Glen Mills juvenile reformatory school have subjected the students to inexcusable abuse that has caused severe trauma for many.
In February 2019, the Philadelphia Inquirer first published an article on the abuse in this institution and it shocked the readers not only in Pennsylvania but across the whole of USA. If you or your loved ones have been in Glen Mills school and had to endure abuse but you never talked about it out of fear or embarrassment or any other reason, this is your time now. You can speak up about your trauma and come out with your terrifying account. We, Mountaineer Criminal Law Group, are beside you. If you want to file the lawsuit, our West Virginia Glen Mills abuse lawyer can do that for you.
The Incidents in Glen Mills School
From all accounts that have resurfaced about Glen Mills school, the common claims are of rape, beating threats. The school is responsible for getting the youth on the right track in society after they have committed some crime or got involved in unwanted situations. But the inexcusable and atrocious abuse that happened to them made them scared for life and silent for a very long time.
The common abuses that the plaintiffs have reported include
- Verbal abuse also included racial slurs and profanity
- Not providing medical attention to the students in need
- Spitting on them
- Hitting, kicking and stepping on them
- Pushing the students against doors, walls and appliances and even through the window
- Rape and sexual assault
- Life threats
These incidents happened in the span of 4 years, during the time of three separate executive directors of the school namely, (Cosimo D. Ferrainola, from 1975 through 2007; Garrison “Garry” D. Ipock, Jr., from 2007 through 2012; and Dr. Randy Ireson, from 2013 through 2019), as per the information collected from the website.
In September 2018, the horrendous treatment in the school came out in the shape of a CCTV clip where a 17 years old boy was seen saying “I can’t breathe” while two counselors were torturing him. Both of the counselors are now facing criminal charges.
If you are planning to file the lawsuit with our West Virginia Glen Mills abuse lawyer, it is obvious that you will have some questions. In the following points, you will get a few answers.
- It doesn’t matter where you live now. Former students of Glen Mills school are located now not only in Pennsylvania but across the whole nation. You can file a lawsuit from anywhere in the United States. You don’t have to present physically even for this. Also, your location prior to your admission to the school doesn’t matter either as students from all over the country were sent here.
- You might wonder that you don’t have a spotless record so if you can file or not. Yes, you can. You were admitted to the reformatory school to get a second chance in your life. The abuse you had to put up with was inexcusable.
- Talking about this incident must have been painful and scary. Due to this, you might have suffered from anxiety, depression or PTSD. Hence, you might have remained silent for a long time. No matter how long it was, you still can file the lawsuit.
For more info, come to us at Mountaineer Criminal Law Group. Our West Virginia Glen Mills abuse lawyer will handle your case sensitively.
Get in TouchFill out the contact form or call us at (304) 381-3656
to schedule your free consultation.
- 1 Free Consultation
- 2 Available 24/7
- 3 Highly Rated Super Lawyer