Serving the State of West Virginia

Disorderly Conduct

  • Lead Counsel Rated
  • AVVO Client Choice
  • National College for DUI Defense
  • AVVO Top 10
  • Super Lawyers
  • Expertise 2020
  • Expertise 2021
  • National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
  • The National Trial Lawyers Top 40

    Morgantown Disorderly Conduct Attorney

    Disorderly conduct is when someone disturbs the peace of others by creating a loud noise that is meant to cause annoyance or alarm. Boisterous profane language or gestures, fighting or threatening to fight, rioting, public drunkenness, doing something to hinder traffic, parties, loud music late at night; These are all examples of disorderly conduct. It is a very broad law which allows police to arrest people for many different activities. It is no surprise that it is often times a regular occurrence with college students. Sometimes parties get a little too loud or rambunctious and a neighbor calls the police. The person throwing the party may be charged with disorderly conduct.

    If you are facing disorderly conduct charges you may think it is not a very big deal. Maybe some of your friends have gotten in trouble with the law as well and you know the immediate consequences aren’t too large for this particular charge. But, a disorderly conduct charge on your record will not be looked at favorably when it comes to future employers. For this reason, you should not be blase about your charges. Hiring a West Virginia criminal lawyer is the best course of action.

    If you feel you were unjustly accused of committing disorderly conduct, it is time to call the Mountaineer Criminal Law Group as well. Perhaps you were protesting peacefully and within your legal rights, but were arrested. A West Virginia criminal lawyer can fight to prove you did not do anything illegal and ultimately have the charges against you dropped.

    What is the Punishment for Disorderly Conduct in West Virginia?

    Disorderly conduct is a misdemeanor in West Virginia. It is punishable by jail time of either 24 hours or a fine amount of up to $400.

    A misdemeanor on your record may hinder you from earning the type of degree you want or from future employers hiring you. A Morgantown criminal lawyer can help you navigate around these charges and advise you on the best route to take. They will try to have your charges lessened if not dismissed. If you are convicted they can then work with you to try and have the misdemeanor expunged from your record. This can mean the difference in working at your dream job in the future and struggling to make ends meet because employees are wary about hiring you.

    At the Mountaineer Criminal Law Group we have fought for our clients for over 25 combined years. We have seen all kinds of cases from big to small. With the experience and know-how we will work every angle of your case for the most favorable outcome. Every case is unique and we treat it as such.

    To schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers from the Mountaineer Criminal Law Group, call our Morgantown, West Virginia office at (304) 900-3391. We are ready to take on your case. Don’t wait in hiring the right legal help when your future employment may be on the line.

    Schedule a Free Consultation Today

    Schedule a Consultation
    • “Mr. Logue gave attention to our problem immediately and resolved the issue for us quickly. He is an attorney who is respected, not just by us but the court system.” - Former Client
    • “Sean Logue has a good relationship with the DA, but still pushed them to have a trial and I was found not guilty of the felony charge.” - Former Client
    • “Don't waste your time looking for anyone else to help you. Mr. Logue did an amazing job and very professional!” - Former Client


    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation

    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your phone number.
      This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.