CHOOSE A LAWYER LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.
WVU Student Conduct Code Defense Lawyer
As our firm is situated in Martinsburg, West Virginia, a large chunk of our clients are college students. We offer legal representation to students throughout West Virginia. Often, WVU students face allegations of violating the WVU Student Conduct Code in addition to the criminal proceedings and are recommended to attend a hearing of the Student Conduct Board.
With a track record of representing several students of colleges and universities for legal proceedings in West Virginia. In WVU and several other public institutions, you must get the aid of a lawyer for the entire process. A solid legal representation from our Martinsburg DUI lawyer shows you how suspension differs from expulsion or what are the consequences of suspension and probation. Trust us if you are convicted of disciplinary action as a student and schedule a consultation today.
Process of violating Student Conduct Code in WVU
Occasionally, when a WYU student is held guilty of the violation of the Conduct Code, even if the action took place somewhere off campus or when school is closed, the Student Conduct office may issue a Notice of Charge to the accused student. Therefore, we request you hire a Martinsburg Criminal lawyer with experience in representing the students of WVU.
Know the jurisdiction of the WVU Student Conduct Code
The document of the code of conduct of WVU allows the University the jurisdiction the right to monitor almost all the activities of students inside or outside the campus. So, when an incident within the campus or outside it and take action. But you can walk free from the charges with the guidance and expertise of a Martinsburg Criminal lawyer from our firm.
Punishments of the WVU Student Conduct Code
Several punishments may be imposed on an accused student by the office of the Student Conduct Code
- Accused students receive a warning from the Student Conduct Code office and are told that further violations will have a severe impact
- The offender student gets a written notice wherein it is mentioned that further violations will have a severe impact.
- The accused student does not get the privileges for a specific period.
- The offender student is not allowed to study in the University for a specific period and it may destroy his or her academic record permanently.
- The student is expelled from the University permanently.
- The student Offender may need to pay an amount against the damages suffered owing to their conduct
- The University may pose other sanctions like community service, dismissing the offender from university housing, and taking offense-related classes.
Offenses – Expulsion Level
The Student Conduct Code lists the following offenses that may give rise to the sanction of expulsion:
- Dishonest acts
- Disorderly, indecent, or lewd conduct or supporting such conduct
- Disruption or Obstruction
- Theft or damage to community or public property of WVU
- Major violation of the Student Code of Conduct at WVU
- Possession or Distribution of controlled substances
- Possession of firearms, explosives, or other dangerous instruments on WVU premises
- Violation of any state or federal law
If you are studying in college and suspected or convicted falsely of underage drinking, consulting with our Martinsburg DUI lawyer may help. We are here to help you with all the student disciplinary hearings and help you prevent tarnishing your career and employment.
Get in TouchFill out the contact form or call us at (304) 381-3656
to schedule your free consultation.
- 1 Free Consultation
- 2 Available 24/7
- 3 Highly Rated Super Lawyer